Durban / Pietermaritzburg / Johannesburg
The Gandhi Trail – A Simple Story of Life : 7 nights / 8 days
|DAY ONE||Meet and greet at Airport, transfer to hotel in Durban. Check in and at leisure.
Dinner Buffet and Overnight Durban Hotel.
|DAY TWO||Depart: 8:00am: North Beach Tourism, Golden Mile. Visit Durban, the CITY of FUN and Pietermaritzburg, Capital City of KwaZulu Natal, home to legends, historical locations and hidden heritage gems – featured in best-sellers, location and subject of many movie scripts, theatrical productions and the basis of life lessons globally.
Iconic attractions, unique to KwaZulu Freedom Route located in Durban, Inanda, Pietermaritzburg, Natal Midlands, relate and reveal how these special spots influenced culture, recorded heritage, changed history and shaped the world, but most importantly, that cannot be copied, replicated, duplicated or cloned anywhere else in the world…
Visit Phoenix Settlement, Ohlange Institute, Arya Samaj Manaye Hall, Old Prison Project Gateway, Pietermaritzburg Railway Station, Mandela Capture Site …Follow the footsteps of legends to victorious freedom.
Dinner and Overnight at Durban Hotel.
|DAY THREE||Breakfast. Morning Ushaka Marine Park Tour and Freedom City Tour. Visit Kwa Muhle Museum, Heritage Centre at Cato Manor, Victoria Market and Moses Mabhida Stadium.
Explore the Golden Mile Beachfront of Durban. Dinner at local restaurant.Overnight at Durban Hotel.
|DAY FOUR||Depart 6am: Full SAFARI Experience – Hluhluwe National Park. Lunch (for own account). Overnight and Dinner Durban.
|DAY FIVE||Breakfast and Check Out. Travel to Johannesburg by road. (6 hours). Arrive Johannesburg, check in at hotel. Dinner and overnight in Johannesburg
|DAY SIX||Breakfast and enjoy Day Tour of Johannesburg + Gold Reef City. Dinner and overnight
|DAY SEVEN||Departure: 8:00am: Proceed on a Freedom Route City Tour of Johannesburg (aka Jozi or EGOLI). Visit Sathyagraha House, Liliesleaf, Nelson Mandela Bridge and Apartheid Museum before proceeding to Soweto (aka South Western Township). EXPERIENCE Vilakazi Street, home to Nobel Peace Prize winners, Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Tutu (aka The ARCH) and visit Hector Peterson Memorial.
Dinner and overnight in Johannesburg
|DAY EIGHT||Breakfast and check out Transfer to airport
|T’s and C’s||MINIMUM Group size 10 passengers (either sharing or single)
Valid: from Nov. 2019. Block out periods apply over peak seasons.
COST: ZAR 14 200 per person sharing / ZAR 16 300 per single
VALID: NOV 2019 – MAR 2020 and MAY 2020 – AUG 2020
All rates are subject to availability at time of booking
|INCLUDES||4 Nights Durban Regal Inn/Similar
3 Nights Road Lodge/Similar Johannesburg
Breakfast and Dinner daily
Entrance fees to specified tours on itinerary only
English speaking Guide plus Driver.
2 x 500ml water per day
Transfers in 15 seated Luxury Vehicle
|EXCLUDES||Flights, Optional Activities, Gratuities, Extras/Meal not specified, Lunch, Drinks and any items of personal nature|
KwaZulu Natal Freedom Route Tour Bus: – Durban, Inanda, Pietermaritzburg, Howick.
On Line Tickets : Webtickets: Click here to get yours and go!
- Bus departs with minimum of 4 paying customers
- Durban Departure: North Beach Tourism Centre, Golden Mile: 8:00 am
- Pietermaritzburg Departure: Tourism Hub, 283 Langalibalele Str (behind City Library): 10:30am
- Route: North Beach Tourism Centre/ Ohlange Institute Inanda / Phoenix Settlement / Tourism Hub PMB / PMB Railway Station / Old Prison Project Gateway / Arya Samaj Manaye Hall / Mandela Capture Site / Tourism Hub PMB/North Beach Tourism Centre.
- Ticket price: Includes return transport, tour guide on board, entrance fees and site guides at each venue. Excludes Lunch and entrance Nelson Mandela Capture Site Visitor Centre.
- Discounts: Pensioners, Students, Groups, Family
- BOOK your Seat on KwaZulu Natal Freedom Route Tour Bus
- Telephone: 033 345 3175 or WhatsApp: 083 632 2420 / 082 481 0440
- Email: email@example.com
- Book in store: Pick ‘n Pay South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
- Book Online – Webtickets: KZN Freedom Route Tour Bus