Cape Town Freedom Route – Day Trip
|Departure Time: 8:00 am: Cape Town Tourism, Pinnacle Building, Cnr Burg/Castle Str, Cape Town.|
|Depart for V&A Waterfront and Robben Island Tour (9:00am).
Take a leisurely stroll to Nobel Square, location of Life Size sculptures of South Africa’s Peace Prize Laureates: Nelson Mandela, F W de Klerk, Desmond Tutu, Albert Luthuli.
Drive past Tuinhuys (aka President’s Cape Town Residence) en-route to Drakenstein Prison (previously Victor Verster Prison) where, Mandela was released on 11 Feb 1990. After six years in Pollsmoor, Mandela was moved to Drakenstein Correctional Centre for 14 months prior to his release. A joyous Madiba walked out with a radio and surf-board at age 70. A bronze statue, prominently located at the entrance, commemorates his triumphant release (with that iconic raised fist)
|T’s and C’s||MINIMUM 2 Passengers
VALID: NOV 2019 – AUG 2020
COST: ZAR 1500 per person
All rates are subject to availability at time of booking
|INCLUDES||Entrance to Robben Island, Service of English speaking Driver Guide Driver
Entrance fees to specified locations on itinerary only
2 x 500ml Bottled Water per day
Transfers in a Sedan type Vehicle
|EXCLUDES||Lunch, Drinks and any items of personal nature|
KwaZulu Natal Freedom Route Tour Bus: – Durban, Inanda, Pietermaritzburg, Howick.
On Line Tickets : Webtickets: Click here to get yours and go!
- Bus departs with minimum of 4 paying customers
- Durban Departure: North Beach Tourism Centre, Golden Mile: 8:00 am
- Pietermaritzburg Departure: Tourism Hub, 283 Langalibalele Str (behind City Library): 10:30am
- Route: North Beach Tourism Centre/ Ohlange Institute Inanda / Phoenix Settlement / Tourism Hub PMB / PMB Railway Station / Old Prison Project Gateway / Arya Samaj Manaye Hall / Mandela Capture Site / Tourism Hub PMB/North Beach Tourism Centre.
- Ticket price: Includes return transport, tour guide on board, entrance fees and site guides at each venue. Excludes Lunch and entrance Nelson Mandela Capture Site Visitor Centre.
- Discounts: Pensioners, Students, Groups, Family
- BOOK your Seat on KwaZulu Natal Freedom Route Tour Bus
- Telephone: 033 345 3175 or WhatsApp: 083 632 2420 / 082 481 0440
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book in store: Pick ‘n Pay South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe.
- Book Online – Webtickets: KZN Freedom Route Tour Bus